Plant ID Please

TwoCrows

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Ok all you flower experts! Can you ID this plant for me?

DSCN3461.JPG

It is about the same size or a bit taller than a snapdragon. (one is growing on the right of this plant) This plant has similar leaves as a snapdragon. I am not sure if this plant is a wild flower or not. Every spring I sprinkle wild flower seeds all around this area but I have never in all these years seen this plant. And it is the only one growing at this time. See the "tiers" it is growing? It just keeps getting taller and taller!

What is it? Thanks! :)

TwoCrows

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks so much guys!!! I googled the Horse Mint and found this that seems to match fairly close to what this plant might be in the Burpee Seed Catalog. Bergamo Monarda....
prod001096_lg.jpg

Oddly enough it has no smell!! Disappointing but I am enjoying this plant greatly. It is a perennial so I am praying it comes back next year!!

Thanks a bunch guys!!! :)

TwoCrows

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Ok guys....I stand corrected....there is the SLIGHTEST hint of smell to this flower. It has a lemony smell to it. Not knowing it was a bee balm, I didn't recognize the smell as even having fragrance. But it does, just very faint.

Thanks again!! -)

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wound up getting a plant of this this year as well from a nursery (marked as "Lemon mint")

Took me a little while to work out what everyone here was saying since, to me, horsemint is Mentha longifolia

TwoCrows

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I did some reading about Lemon Beebalm and it does like to grow in this area. I am really hoping it becomes a permanent plant and knowing how well this one is growing, I may plant some next year in this area.

Thanks again everyone!! :)

Latest posts