Planting my garden

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So my seeds have finally arrived. I spent the last six months building up the soil in my raised beds. When I moved here I found that my soil was all sand and not even squash would grow. So I asked you guys for help and you gave it.
I dug up the beds. Placed hay, newspaper, soil from a local nursery, anything even slightly organic, small sprinklings of chicken poop, coffee grounds (loads) and loads bunny poop. I turned and weeded and then I finally planted.

I planted: peas, carrots, beets, swiss chard, brocolli, colliflower, and lettuce.

Please Please Please Please let me grow something. Once again PLEASE. PLEASE

I spent so much money and so much time this has to work. I have planted in three different zones in the past and I did ok. Now that I am home I need plants.

Thanks for listening.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I know you are going to do great!

Don't be upset with a failure or 2, you're very new and not everything can go great! I've already had a few screw ups... I planted my pole beans inside WAY too early and I have 2 ft pole beans growing in my bathroom.... but they have tomato stakes to cling to for now. I set my carrots and spinach outside right before a HUGE unexpected snow, and will probably have to resow the seeds in the next week or so.

There are so many things you just can't plan for, so don't get discouraged.... you'd done GREAT planning so far. You will do just great this year, I'm sure of it.

Can't wait to see pictures!

:tools

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I think I am in 8b. I am so trying NOT to look at the garden everyday to see if I see sprouts. The only thing I am worried about is I set everything out and then it got cold. It so has not been cold all dang winter and the day after I set things out it was really cold.

I know that I was setting things out early. I was just hoping to get a cool weather corp before it gets hot here. I was here in April last year for an interview with my company and it was way hot then.

jackiedon

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I don't know how far into Louisana you are but it's suppose to be really cold and wet here in central Arkansas. I would get some straw to put over it to keep the ground warm.

jackie

jackiedon

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
vfem said:
I know you are going to do great!

. I planted my pole beans inside WAY too early and I have 2 ft pole beans growing in my bathroom.... but they have tomato stakes to cling to for now.

:tools
:gig I'm sorry I just got a mental picture of pole beans growing in the bathroom.

jackie