Please give me links to help me i.d. my weeds!

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I asked this in the middle of a thread once, but i think it got lost. Some of you have links to weed/flower/herb online identification keys, and i can't seem to find them. I can find (partly thanks to y'all) the tree keys, but the weed keys are avoiding me.

Help please????

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thanks Beefy,

I think i probably found a good one, but i'll need to finish my Ph.D. in botany to use it....o.k. maybe not, but it's a lot harder than the tree leaf keys. :hide

Thanks for responding.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This is a real good site to help positively ID a plant once you have a possible name, or to browse and learn about the characteristics of various plant species...
Noble plant image gallery

Still looking for the weed ID key I found a while back .... :/ ...
I do a lot of research, but organization is not in my top ten skills, evidently....:rolleyes:

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am in Missouri, so you may have to look for something similar in your state. I go into the Missouri state conservation site..can get articles on trees, wildlife, wildflowers, safe and unsafe mushrooms etc.. maybe you have such a place in Texas. I even bought a book on cooking and preparing wild game, for those of you that hunt. Most of their stuff is free, but they have things like that book for sale also.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh, too ... 'weeds' often are referred to as lawn or crop pest plants, or that illegal one... :lol:
Most are natives, wildflowers or herbs of some sort.
I have used this resource often to identify natives. It is sometimes difficult to identify more uncommon plants this time of year... without being able to observe the bloom, seed, etc...
... and to pinpoint an exact species on some of them is nearly impossible, unless you run across a very good botanist... :D

Wildflower Center
(Combination Search)

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oh thank you everyone. Image galleries are helpful if you have a clue first. Hopefully this key from Lavender will help me have a clue. It's much easier to use than the other one i found. Thank you! I have been to that website a dozen times but never paid attention to the search function. :rolleyes:

Thanks again!

Latest posts