Please pray for Midwest farmers/ranchers and the rest of them

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we always hope people are safe in the end.

there were storms here Thursday afternoon/evening with some strong winds. tornadoes to the southeast of us. it was surely one of those strange storms when it came through so i called to warn Mom to stay where she was at to avoid going out until the storms were past, but she had already left. she made it home safe though so all was ok.

no injuries reported so far from the tornadoes that i know of.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This agricultural thing ... risk.

In the heart of Washington State apple country, March is destined to be the coldest on record. Imagine the effect if that was to happen during the bloom season.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the hill: Seattle's March will be in the top 5 for a lack of rain.

Steve

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I am hoping that, like US, we don't get a freeze AFTER the blooms open. I have lost fruit 2 years in a row bc of this. Fortunately, my cherry trees bloom late enough that they don't get frosted. I have even lost grape Flowers, but somehow they regenerated and I still had a good crop that year.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's just heartbreaking. The immense scope of the destruction and loss seems almost unrecoverable.
I hit the like for your comment, but there is nothing to like about this CRAP. Wish we had other choices (something like facebook) A frown or thumbs down.

Latest posts