Podding Radish~~Anyone Tried These?

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I was wandering around some seed websites on this cold and dreary day and I found these podding radishes.
Sounds interesting, I am always trying something new just for fun as long as it doesn't take up alot of room.
Has anyone ever grown these or eaten them?
They look like long green beans.

This is from the website:

Edible pods for dipping or light cooking.

4-5' tall plants bear large yields of 3-6" green (some purple tinged) pods. They are delicious, crisp and mildly pungent, for mixed raw vegetable platters and salads or lightly cooked in stir-fries. Harvest the young, crisp pods. Small, inedible roots.
57 days.

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I grew the podding radishes, they were good, the pods were bigger than usual - they're all edible. I think mine were called rat-tail radishes.

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Steve, I actually did see that thread but I didn't open it, I saw the title and figured it was more for indepth radish gardeners and I just grow a few kinds so I didn't consider myself radish experienced.
Thanks for the link though.
I think I may try these just for fun, there is always something that I throw in that I never tried just to see how they do.
Ann, I think these are the same thing, the blurb said also known as rat-tail radish.

gwankney

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I haven't tried this variety, but I often let my radishes go to seed, just to eat their delicious, spicy juicy little pods.