Post about Nuthin'

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seinfeld made an entire TV series about nuthin', he said . . . I'm inclined to believe him.

I was out before dawn today, thinking about a gutter for the carport roof. It is a little worrisome since so much snow comes off that roof and I've never installed a gutter. I'm really not sure if I want to.

Back indoors, Rick Steves was in Plovdiv, Bulgaria . . . again, I've seen the show twice and it is colorful and interesting but, I wasn't going to watch it again. Instead, I looked at a google map of Plovidiv and learned there was no streetview. Drifted over to Greece. I used to think that I might retire to Greece but, these days, I'm not sure if I even want to take my first trip there. The Greeks and the tourists must be quite taken with the scenery -- there are lots of photographs but, once again, no google streetviews. So, I drifted a little farther west into Italy.

Oh Gracious! Every street and alley in Italy has had the google car and camera down it!! I just picked a little seaside community at random - close to some forested mountains and with a nice river nearby . . . I never made it to the river, traveled the streets and back roads of the little community. I drove from the villas on the water up to what looked like olive groves above the town. Saw a concrete wall where the road T's. Clarrisa's name was written on it. I wonder if any other person from so many thousand miles away has read Clarrisa's name on that wall and wondered to, what she would think of that.

digitS'

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
sounds like a nice little 'trip' to Italy! :D
i just got to take a nice trip through Somersworth, Dover, Durham, Newmarket, to get to Stratham to drop my dh off for his first day back at work. and then i traveled home and had to swing through Madbury. there's just something about taking the back roads through NH that make you appreciate trees and farms. :p 45 minute trip down there but a few minutes more just to get back home to my clustered city of Rochester, where all the farms are so far out on the outskirts that they are practically in the next towns over!

i think some day i will take a Google trip to see what else is out there in the world beyond NH/ME/MA. i'm lucky enough on one of my Google Earth excursions to find out that Star Island has a Redbox out there! :lol:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
With all those English-named communities . .

. you could have been on a round-trip to . .

. the UK, ChickiesMoma!

;) Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I took a trip to Kyoto Japan to see if I could see any Geishas :p

Didn't see any, durn it!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
haha It is fun to take a google earth trip to places I know I will never go to. Cheap vacation. I can do my entire bucket list in one evening. :/

Latest posts