1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official TEG Poll: What is your garden style?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Member's New Trailer - The Tools & Supplies Discussion Thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. TEG Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Post Office Lost My Baker Creek Order

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Rammy, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Feb 7, 2019
    Rammy

Rammy Deeply Rooted

I ordered from Baker Creek kn Jan 12th and the order came on the 16th to the Springfeild ,Tn P. O. Problem was it was suppose to go to the White House P. O. but the wrong city was put on the address. So Springfeild said they sent it back. Its been three weeks and nowhere to be found.
    They told me it was sent out the same day because the addy was wrong but yet cant find it in the system. Funny. I mean you can look up the tracking number and see it got there and was scanned, but yet they send it back and it disappears ftom the system? Methinks someone kept it.
    Baker Creek is resending my order. Thats very nice of them to do but its not fair they get screwed like that because some government worker decided not to do thier job and steal from me and them.

2. Feb 7, 2019
    canesisters

canesisters Garden Master

Don't most businesses carry some sort of insurance to cover losses like that so it doesn't hurt their profits?
    I'm glad that they are getting a replacement out to you quickly.

Carol Dee likes this.
  3. Feb 7, 2019
    seedcorn

seedcorn Garden Master

Depends upon real cost vs cost of insurance. In seed, real cost is much less than price, so no insurance.

4. Feb 7, 2019
    Rammy

Rammy Deeply Rooted

It was only $18.00 worth of seeds. What ticks me off, and the lady at BC said this, and I agree with her, is that the P.O. is lying. She feels that it wasnt sent back but that someone decided to keep it. She said the bad thing is is that they will not like whats in there and just throw them away. I lodged a lost mail complaint online but I doubt it will be "found."

5. Feb 7, 2019
    catjac1975

catjac1975 Garden Master

I don't think it is stealing. Returns are very confusing to the system, but eventually get there.

6. Feb 7, 2019
    aftermidnight

aftermidnight Garden Addicted

I had a packet of bean seed take 4 months less 4 days to get here from the UK.

Annette

7. Feb 8, 2019
    Rammy

Rammy Deeply Rooted

Guess we will see. Hope its not the case, but its been three weeks since it was " returned."

8. Feb 8, 2019
    PhilaGardener

PhilaGardener Deeply Rooted

I've had several things (mostly second-hand books) get to my local post office only to be sent off somewhere else instead of being handed to my mail carrier for delivery. One is currently somewhere in the NYC postal system. :barnie

Based on what a lot of you said above, maybe it will get to me after they are done reading it. :eek:

KeeperAtTheHomestead, sumi and Rammy like this.
  9. Feb 8, 2019
    Pulsegleaner

Pulsegleaner Deeply Rooted

I have LOTS of stories of misplaced packages

The time a seller in Italy sent my package to a buyer in Australia (I had to contact the person and do an exchange to get my book)

The Time the PO delivered a book parcel that was torn open and all the books gone.

The Chinese bead lot that (as far as I can tell) was stolen as soon as I got into the system.

The times when packages have disappeared into the system for months before getting to me unannounced (a pain if the package is registered and needs a delivery signature)

The Spanish book that never showed up.

And currently despite being renewed, my stamp newspaper hasn't shown up in months.

10. Feb 8, 2019
    Rammy

Rammy Deeply Rooted

I doubt it will ever show up. Hope they like pepper plants.