Post Office Lost My Baker Creek Order

Rammy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I ordered from Baker Creek kn Jan 12th and the order came on the 16th to the Springfeild ,Tn P. O. Problem was it was suppose to go to the White House P. O. but the wrong city was put on the address. So Springfeild said they sent it back. Its been three weeks and nowhere to be found.
They told me it was sent out the same day because the addy was wrong but yet cant find it in the system. Funny. I mean you can look up the tracking number and see it got there and was scanned, but yet they send it back and it disappears ftom the system? Methinks someone kept it.
Baker Creek is resending my order. Thats very nice of them to do but its not fair they get screwed like that because some government worker decided not to do thier job and steal from me and them.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't most businesses carry some sort of insurance to cover losses like that so it doesn't hurt their profits?
I'm glad that they are getting a replacement out to you quickly.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Depends upon real cost vs cost of insurance. In seed, real cost is much less than price, so no insurance.

Rammy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It was only $18.00 worth of seeds. What ticks me off, and the lady at BC said this, and I agree with her, is that the P.O. is lying. She feels that it wasnt sent back but that someone decided to keep it. She said the bad thing is is that they will not like whats in there and just throw them away. I lodged a lost mail complaint online but I doubt it will be "found."

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I ordered from Baker Creek kn Jan 12th and the order came on the 16th to the Springfeild ,Tn P. O. Problem was it was suppose to go to the White House P. O. but the wrong city was put on the address. So Springfeild said they sent it back. Its been three weeks and nowhere to be found.
They told me it was sent out the same day because the addy was wrong but yet cant find it in the system. Funny. I mean you can look up the tracking number and see it got there and was scanned, but yet they send it back and it disappears ftom the system? Methinks someone kept it.
Baker Creek is resending my order. Thats very nice of them to do but its not fair they get screwed like that because some government worker decided not to do thier job and steal from me and them.
I don't think it is stealing. Returns are very confusing to the system, but eventually get there.

Rammy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Guess we will see. Hope its not the case, but its been three weeks since it was " returned."

PhilaGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've had several things (mostly second-hand books) get to my local post office only to be sent off somewhere else instead of being handed to my mail carrier for delivery. One is currently somewhere in the NYC postal system. :barnie

Based on what a lot of you said above, maybe it will get to me after they are done reading it. :eek:

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have LOTS of stories of misplaced packages

The time a seller in Italy sent my package to a buyer in Australia (I had to contact the person and do an exchange to get my book)

The Time the PO delivered a book parcel that was torn open and all the books gone.

The Chinese bead lot that (as far as I can tell) was stolen as soon as I got into the system.

The times when packages have disappeared into the system for months before getting to me unannounced (a pain if the package is registered and needs a delivery signature)

The Spanish book that never showed up.

And currently despite being renewed, my stamp newspaper hasn't shown up in months.

Rammy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I doubt it will ever show up. Hope they like pepper plants.

Latest posts