"Proven Winners"

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm not talking about the ones the manufacturers claim are proven winners, but the ones that have proven their worth in your garden. This year, I planted scaeveola in my full sun bed, and have been SUPER impressed. It's a groundcover and is going gangbusters. The other new one I've really liked is hyssop. I started plants from seeds last year and they were small, but they came back this year and are a great back of the garden perennial that gets small purple flowers similar to catnip or Russian sage. The bees LOVE them.

So what are the proven winners in your garden?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I discovered hissop this year also. The one I have is "Alcapulco". I liked it so much, I went back a couple months later and bought a second one. I just moved it in my bed, didn't have the patience to wait till fall. Hope I didn't kill it.

I have a yarrow that I've moved around several times. Had it for years and it's still going strong. Same as for "munstead" lavendar.

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I planted a tall nicotiana this year. It's called "Only the Lonely".
It looks really good among the echinacea. I only bought one because it was in a quart container and a little more than I wanted to spend anyway. But I'm going to save the seeds and start my own next year.

I'm having trouble picking just a few, everything in my little picket garden is a winner this year. But the geum are always hard working, and they bloom twice usually, green up early and have nice foliage.

My clematis are by far the biggest winners in my garden. :)

Latest posts