Rant

rockytopsis

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Last year I saved all the green paper boxes that our strawberries came in. 2 flats, 16 little green boxes. I saved them to transplant my seedlings in. I told DH "WHY" I was saving them.

Time to take my little seedlings out of their little pot and move them to a bigger pot. Went to the shed to get the little green boxes and they are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I asked DH what he did with them, "Oh I burned them, they hung around all winter long and you did not use them"???????????????????/

I DON'T NEED THEM IN THE WINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now he is off to Lowe's to BUY me some replacements for the FREE ones I had saved.

bid

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oops! That should break him of getting rid of gardening stuff for a while.

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
rockytopsis said:
Now he is off to Lowe's to BUY me some replacements for the FREE ones I had saved.
Hopefully with his tail tucked firmly between his legs - why they can't leave our stuff alone is beyond me! Although I have to say, hubby is the one to save things around here, and he knows better than to touch my gardening stuff. He's a good strong back but doesn't do much gardening.

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Reinbeau said:
Hopefully with his tail tucked firmly between his legs - why they can't leave our stuff alone is beyond me!
:gig Boy, I can relate! Exactly how many years does it take for them to learn this lesson? (Don't bother attempting to answer, this is a rhetorical question).

rockytopsis

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well, we just sold and they towed it off a 38 foot 1985 Malard RV. He is going to put his new shed where the Rv sat, he has agreed that I can put a greenhouse behind the shed since we do have power and water right there.

Soooooooooooooo I guess I can forgive him. LOL

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Men are about as thick as mud. They say they listen more then they do.... once they get the info they store it in a semipermanent location toward the back of the brain. Then... usually about 7 minutes later... they information is conveniently dumped into the trash which the also conveniently forget to take out at the same time. :smack

Then when you get mad they don't understand?! Then when they have to spend money because they forgot something.... we're the evil spenders?!

In your case, its more likely he's like my husband and gets burn crazy when its time to do the burn pile. (I hope you hid the gas can!)

:hu

rockytopsis

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
vfem said:
Men are about as thick as mud. They say they listen more then they do.... once they get the info they store it in a semipermanent location toward the back of the brain. Then... usually about 7 minutes later... they information is conveniently dumped into the trash which the also conveniently forget to take out at the same time. :smack

Then when you get mad they don't understand?! Then when they have to spend money because they forgot something.... we're the evil spenders?!

In your case, its more likely he's like my husband and gets burn crazy when its time to do the burn pile. (I hope you hid the gas can!)

:hu
I am laughing as I read this, are we married to twins???:lol::lol:

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My husband is the bane of my existence. He never seems to appreciate the amount of recycling I do. he thinks I am just a pack rat.

Latest posts