Recommended My Nephew Problems/ More Work

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well he got most of it was $1,100 she paid him $920 said she did not get to bank. He was happy with that he thought he wasnt getting anything. I gave him $200 glad it is over with. I am very proud of the job he did. There was a time he would cut as many corners as possible. Took me long time to drill in his head you cut corners people will call someone else for next job.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
in this case you do want her to call someone else next time. yeesh. i don't understand why you are giving him $ though. it's not like he did work for you and considering i'd think if you refer him a lot of work he'd give you a cut. ;)

now, this hot head thing. if he's going to be working for a lot of different customers he's going to have to figure it out and mellow out and learn self-control and all of these will be good things for him.

my nephew also has a bad temper and over the past few years he's gotten better at it, but i'm not sure how much he's changed because i don't hang out with him that much to be able to tell. now that he has a boat i kinda worry that sometime he might get mad at someone on the lake or something.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I gave him the money because he did not ask for despot because she was a friend of mine, for that reason he also gave her a very good price. Because I recommend the job I felt responsible, can not help the way I feel. He has came a along way from the lying, hustling street kid he was. I have been trying to instill a work ethic in him since he was 19. It has been a slow long road but he changed. I did not want him to do a great job and get ripped off by MY FRIEND. If this was a client he got on his own I would not have given him the money.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
This does not apply to your nephew.

In Calif, its illegal to ask for or receive renumeration up front. If you are licensed, they will take suspend your license. If you are unlicensed, then the customer has rights to call into the State and have you investigated as to why you are posing as a licensed tradesman. Lots of stings this way catch the unlicensed...

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
This does not apply to your nephew.

In Calif, its illegal to ask for or receive renumeration up front. If you are licensed, they will take suspend your license. If you are unlicensed, then the customer has rights to call into the State and have you investigated as to why you are posing as a licensed tradesman. Lots of stings this way catch the unlicensed...
We have had a lot of work done on our old victorian house and had fences put up. We have always paid a third down, another third as work progressed, and the last third when job was finished. Work was always done by licensed people.

Mary

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Any kind of electoral work no matter how small I have done by licensed electrician. My father told me insurance company can dense a fire claim if unlicensed did any work

Latest posts