Anyone miss the satisfaction of slamming the phone down after an argument~

Attachments

• phone.jpg
    phone.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 169

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I really don't miss dialing eight through zero. (First world complaint I know) but I do miss them. Never broke. Seemed to last forever. My youngest grands still have a dial phone at their old home. Most of their friends would have no clue.

Then, again, being tied to a phone wasn't great. Now I can take a phone conversation from room to room . . . or wander from room to room looking for a phone.

You know me, sweet thing that I am. I never did slam a phone down so I can't miss that feature.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I remember saying things like, "I can't go, I'm waiting for a phone call".
Racing to the kitchen to be the one to answer.
Nearly burning a blister on my finger trying to be caller 4 to win the prize.
Sitting on the floor under the wall mounted phone twirling the cord around my fingers.
Having to wait till late in the evening to get or make calls to/from family in Ala.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Not only do I remember them but also remember the wooden box, no dial, crank phones where you had to ask the operator for the number you wanted. Also party lines you had to listen to see if it was your ring, I, 2 or 3 rings. You soon learned to ignore the number of rings that weren't yours like other background noises. Party lines were a real pain with rotary phones, if someone on the same line as you didn't hang up properly or someone dialing before listening so see if the line was in use:he.

Can't say I ever slammed a phone down but I will admit at times the air was blue after I hung up uttering a few choice words :hide.
Annette

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I remember those phones and party lines those were the days. We used to have to tell old lady Barrish to get off and stop listening to our calls lol even my dad had to. Or she would stop by and tell our dad who we were talking to and what we were talking about when he was at work. I miss that old bat lol (I really do)

Latest posts