Remember when daughters horse fell through the plywood into the well pit

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Youngest daughter built a shed over the pit while I was at the mountain ranch```

Not perfect~ but I was impressed when I saw it```
IMG_0672.JPG

Don't bad~ for a girl```

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not bad--for a girl??? :smack

I'd say it looks like it will get the job done, and YOU didn't have to do it! :clap

You are talking to a "girl" here who tackles anything, whether I know how or not. I just pile into it and git 'er done. Your daughter obviously has the same spirit. :thumbsup I think you admire her willingness to do what needs to be done. No it may not be perfect, but she is awesome!! :)

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
What brought their attention to the well: I had repaired the plumbing, inside the pit~ the horse thrashing around in the pit~ broke a PVC pipe outside the pit ( the pit is lined with precast concrete blocks) so daughter dug down to where the pipe exited the pit outside the concrete blocks~ I repaired the pipe~ but the hole had not yet been filled in```

A rabbit or rabbits had gotten into the hole~ climbed through opening in the precast blocks and~ eaten the insulation where the Romex was not encased in conduit```

Boom~ there was arcing~ which blew the breaker~ NO Water in the house```

So wife fixed the~ repalced~ wire~ the pump came on but when she plugged in the heater it blew the heater``` Why?

Well~ when the house was built and the Power was brought to the pit~ THE CONTRACTOR used (10 guage 2 with ground ) that's two insulated 10 guage wires + one bare (uninsulated 10 guage wire Romex) instead of 3 with ground~ so both the Black and the White wire were hot```

When I added the out let~ I tapped only one hot wire~ when wife replaced the wire she~ did it correctly~ white to white~ black to black bare to bare~ BUT the outlet now had 220 volts~ instead of 110 volts~ when she plugged in the heater~ those two 110 volt legs met in the center of the heater and
BLAM```In the pictures you may be able to see what happened when the rabbit bit through the insulation on the hot wire~where it travels to an 110 outlet~ exposing it to the uninsulated ground wire```

THE rabbit must have gotten out alive~
IMG_0673.JPG
IMG_0674.JPG

Did I explain it well enough for it to be understood```
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wired the build over the pit giving switchable light and outlet```

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
not an insult~ it's like~ if what's his face did a walk around n~ says: Did you see how he did this and that~ thinking I built it~ Says he did some building~ but he did this n that and didn't do this or that or whatever~ didn't build like a pro```

Latest posts