revised germination table...

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
figure this needs it's own thread, quite proud of the improvements so far taken it from version 2.0 to 3.0 believe it might even go to 4.0 once totally finished...

started this project on oct 7th by removing all the plastic,moving around all the supports.. added the lower table supports<not shown>
IMG_0635.JPG

purchase a sheet of particle board and cut out the bottom table.
sanded and sealed both tables with polyurethane.
IMG_0643.JPG

re-skined the table with leftover 6 mil plastic. installed the cross members for the lower table, wired the 2nd fixture hung both.
IMG_0675.JPG

added plastic cover to the lower table. had to figure out how to uncover it when needed, so cut a plastic tube and taped to it<prototype > need to fine tune that.
IMG_0673.JPG

now how to keep it rolled up, made a couple metal hooks. it rolls nice and neat for storage when not needed.
IMG_0672.JPG

so here we are at version 3.0
IMG_0668.JPG

thinking about removing the foil and going flat white paint, dont know yet. and the last thing will be do the wiring of the power distribution for the light timer and always on for the heaters and fans..
still have a couple months to work on that...

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
it's going to really help out next spring, seems that with the old system i was running out of space <basically overcrowding> . with the new system will be able to start all the peppers,eggplant,tomatoes on the top table , and get a head start on lettuce,bok chio, kale,etc for a early spring planting, while they are growing will be able to start cucumbers and melons on the bottom table.

next season going to start some peppers and tomatoes mid season for<hopefully> a early fall harvest...
yes @Nyboy will be planting yankees again...good call

going to do an inventory to see how many trays, seed starter packs and 3x3 pots will need to replace before next season...

my goal is to be able to be sitting in a grove of tomatoes plants by mid may.
DSC_0001.JPG

while you all above the 35th line are wondering if the ice is okay to catch fish...
ice fishing.jpeg

have you ever wonder where those veggies are come from in may while you are out ice fishing.

@seedcorn yes i am an evil southern gardener.:frow proud of it :weee

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
figure this needs it's own thread, ...

when i saw the thread title i just assumed you were going to talk about the number of days it takes to germinate various plants (listed in a table format). oops. lol

now that i have gotten back to take a peek it looks very nice and that is a great idea for keeping the cover rolled up. :)

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
the diamond textured mylar showed up this morning..out with the aluminum foil, in comes the mylar, have to work on a couple spots<smooth out wrinkles > otherwise it does looks a lot cleaner... it's getting closer to version 4.0, really by the time it's all done it will be 4.8.1+ the ultimate germination/grow table.......
IMG_0740[1].JPG

did a ton of reading on whats the best reflective material every forum rated the diamond texture mylar the best with a 95% plus....
funny thing every time i google whats best, it took me to "marijuana growing" forums ..well if it's great to grow dope indoors..it has to be great to start all my veggies next spring.... damn learned something from them stoners..

so far to date with this project i'm in around 260.00, figuring by the time i'm done well over 300.00.

want to thank all the people at lowes hardware and amazon for their help on this project, my wallet is a lot lighter because of you.....:lol:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
removed the offending panels and retaped them, looks a lot better...
IMG_0754[1].JPG

the diamond myler is very neat stuff, the texture is for not having any hot spots. guess we shall see if it worth the hype..
IMG_0752.JPG

and heres the power distribution....
IMG_0753.JPG

need to order a few more bulbs after that, i think i'm done on the project... time to move on to the next... greenhouse

Last edited:

Latest posts