1iahawkfan

Sprout
Reaction score
With rhubarb season fast approaching here is an easy recipe for rhubarb jam:

5 c rhubarb
4 c. sugar
1 c. crushed pineapple w/juice

Boil 12 minutes.

Add 1 pkg red (we like strawberry and raspberry) jello.

Stir and let cool. I freeze mine.

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Sounds Great!

Now if can only get the rhubarb to grow (killed it 3 years in a row)

hcammack2

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I know now I want to grow some rhubarb so I can make this and strawberry rhubarb pie ! I planted my new strawberries today I will have to check with my mom about rhubarb.

Henry

(Edited because I can't spell rhubarb)

ShellieESterling

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this sounds reallllllly stupid....

My father hasn't had rhubarb anything in years, his mother used to make it all the time, but she passed away when he was in his early teens.
I'd like to make some rhubarb jam or pies for him for (hopefully) Christmas this year.

My question is, for this jam recipe... The 5 cups of rhubarb, is it rough cut or minced? Should I cut it as small as I can, since it's jam?
And do I do the same thing for pies? (I'm looking for a good recipe, by the way)... I'm sorry, I've never made anything with rhubarb before :rolleyes:

Thanks so much :)

freshfood

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
ShellieESterling said:
I'm sorry if this sounds reallllllly stupid....

My father hasn't had rhubarb anything in years, his mother used to make it all the time, but she passed away when he was in his early teens.
I'd like to make some rhubarb jam or pies for him for (hopefully) Christmas this year.

My question is, for this jam recipe... The 5 cups of rhubarb, is it rough cut or minced? Should I cut it as small as I can, since it's jam?
And do I do the same thing for pies? (I'm looking for a good recipe, by the way)... I'm sorry, I've never made anything with rhubarb before :rolleyes:

Thanks so much :)
Not stupid at all... I have several rhubarb recipies, pie, jam, cake/muffins, and another cake recipie. Happy to share, just let me get them all together, and I'll post again!

Nubsmum

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Freshfood: I know you must be busy but you mentioned several great sounding rhubarb recipes. Post when you can.

:happy_flower