Rise of the Natives

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now that our lot has more shade due to rapidly growing cotton wood trees behind our back fence and since today is our annivarsary :celebrate ... So, last Monday, I whent to a Master Gardener friend's 5 acre pine, cedar and oak covered property just 4 miles away in the Cascade Mountain hills and dug up 13 lady ferns ( 1' to 2' tall), and 9 salal ( 6" to 10" tall) . Yesterday I planted all of them around the now shadier parts of our lot . Today I am :th resting up for tonight's restaurant dinner out. :drool

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you one and all. We whent out to dinner to a recomended as top quality brewery cafe. My wife ordered a salmon dinner with fried polato chips and heritage tomato and I had an elk burger, with 4 slices of bacon, heritage tomato, and french fries. Suds. my wife said that her red heritage tomato had no flavor. So I took the slice of my yellow heritage tomato only and it too had no tomato flavor at all. None, nada ! My wife said that the salmon was just OK. As for the elk ... all that I could taste was the bacon. The french fries were overcooked and quite burned and by poping just one or two at a time into my mouth, I had to wipe the greece off by hand with a napkin every time I had a bite . Those that recomend this joint must be quite tipsy from the pub beer to notice the lack of flavor and quality of the meals. We whent home disapointed with the meal.

Latest posts