Rose 'Purple Tiger'

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Here are some lovely faces in my garden this morning. I could have waited for the sun to peek up but was wanting to share right away! LOL

This is Purple Tiger

2mh6ght.jpg

m9yc5w.jpg

2qinuyt.jpg

atre5l.jpg

This is a nice dwarf thornless rose with a big fat flower! Not that smelly, actually hardly at all, but so pretty...and thornless!

Ron

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hard to believe that is does not have a very fragrant smell, I swear, the minute I saw the pic, I smelled the rose! AWESOME pics.

chills

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
thorn-less .. does that mean less thorns than mine or no thorns at all?
thorn-less .. well now i guess i would of known this before .. the thorns kind of hurt sometimes!
that is definitely one of the prettiest roses i've seen, so very different in color than i have or seen .. very strong color ..
love it

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
chills said:
thorn-less .. does that mean less thorns than mine or no thorns at all?
thorn-less .. well now i guess i would of known this before .. the thorns kind of hurt sometimes!
that is definitely one of the prettiest roses i've seen, so very different in color than i have or seen .. very strong color ..
love it
Yeah not a thorn anywhere in sight. All smooth branches on it.

I actually have two Purple Tigers, and both have the same plant like smooth growth, both considered a tea rose; but this is where the similarities end. The other one is like a 'negative' version and has more stripes than it has dark purple. They are like night and day, but both had the same label on them when I got them.

Sad the other one is not in bloom.

Ron

Latest posts