Rose remorse

Katie85

Leafing Out
Reaction score
7DB6161F-07B6-4A8A-8484-1EDA42F8EFAD.jpeg
B4379393-6E8E-4835-8B97-3900FB23D518.jpeg
We recently moved and my roses did not take to well to it. One especially. At first I thought it was just the shock of the move but it has been 2 months.I made the beds up like I did at the old house sane dirt and fertalizer. They get the right amout of sun and are not soggy. How do I save my beauties?

Katie85

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I would start by pruning them back and adding some compost or aged horse manure around them.

Mary

Thank you!!My husband pruned them yesterday. I have to find the manuer but I think I knownwhere to get the compost.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Early this spring I researched how to prune roses, as ours were getting pretty big and did not look all that healthy. One of the AG college sites had a video that said the canes should be cut back to only 12" to 18" leaving only 6 or 8 canes around the perimeter. My wife was uncertain but we did it anyway because they were looking so poorly. Lo and behold, they came back beautifully.

roses.jpg

Last edited:

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our did too and looked healthier this year than ever...then the deer started chewing them to pieces and before we could protect them, the remaining leaves all turned a weird tan color. Not brown, not spots, but just tan leaves...the veins stayed green but the rest of the leaf is tan.

Haven't been able to find out what that means yet but it looks like they are dying altogether. Earlier in the season they had a good side dressing of compost, some epsom salts and they had been sprayed much earlier in the spring with a copper fungicide, which seemed to benefit ALL the roses, producing the deepest green leaves and healthy new growth.

Now it looks like they will die.

Latest posts