Roses and thieves

Ann Rose

Sprout
Reaction score
I have a beautiful rose garden in the backyard of my house. There are varieties of roses. Everyday morning and evening I do water my plants. It is one of my leisure time activities. I find myself happy when I see the flowering plants. Now in one side of the garden, I have planted chaplain roses. It just started to bud. In this stage should I apply any fertilizers to it? I find certain holes in the leaves of the rose plant. Is it because it is infected by pests? If so, should I go for some insecticides or pesticides?

One other issue that I'm confronting now is that the flowers in my garden are being stolen. I doubt if it is purposefully being stolen by someone. I really feel heart-broken when I find the roses being stolen. I'm planning to install a cctv camera surveillance system with outdoor cameras for monitoring the garden and surroundings. At times I feel to surround my garden with thorns so that no one can enter. But I know that it is not a wise idea. So friends, can you help me out to prevent the entry of thieves to my garden?

Last edited:

Ann Rose

Sprout
Reaction score
How does that work? Could you please explain?

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

Ann Rose

Sprout
Reaction score
The idea seems good. Thank you so much friend.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Ann Rose! Welcome to TEG. I was wondering where you live, that your roses are starting to bud now. Maybe south of the equator? My roses are all settled in for the winter.

Latest posts