Roses from my 2011 Garden

Rugosa1

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
As I mentioned before, I am a newcomer to the TEG and so I like to introduce myself with some of my flower pictures and share them with others. I feel what good is it if you have a garden with lots of blooms in it but can't share them with others?
I notice that this site leans more towards "how to" questions and the posting of unsuccessful undertakings and so much of showing all your fine blooms to others. I don't know if I really contribute enough in that respect. But having said that I do have many hickups in my garden , don't get my wrong ! I already posted some of them and there will be more to come.
Today I like to show my successes though and hope that I fit in with the way I post. :) (I don't want to come over as 'pushy' :/ )

Sheilas Perfume

DSC_0003-4.jpg

Rose "Love"

DSC_0007-2.jpg

"Love" in bud

DSC_0015-1.jpg

"Morden Blush"

DSC_0002-3.jpg

Rose "Portrait"

DSC_0005-3.jpg

"Candelabra"

DSC_0007Candelabra-800.jpg

"Daybreaker"

DSC_0003-5.jpg

"Daybreaker" in bud

DSC_0027Daybreaker.jpg

Rose "Rock 'n' Roll"

DSC_0008RocknRoll-croppedonly.jpg

And Rose "Joyfullness"

DSC_0009Joyfulness.jpg

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
:welcome Rugosa1! :frow We love to see pictures! I think the whole group enjoys a good conversation and we find lots of things to talk about on here, depending on the season. I learn a lot on here too. I'm sure you'll have no trouble fitting in. ;)

All of your roses are very pretty. That "Modern Blush" has such a nice form to it. And I love the color of "Love". :) So which one is your favorite? I always go for the ones with the nicest scent.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh my gosh! The Rock 'N Roll blows my mind!!!! :drool

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
They are all lovely! I am not sure if I like the buds or the blooms better- just beautiful. I keep saying we need "smell-o-vision" on here!

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hey, welcome!! And really, we need more pushy, obnoxious, "i'm always right" kinda members, everyone's way too nice here! Nooooo, i'm just teasing. Actually, a few weeks ago i ended up at "another" gardening forum while searching around the internet for some answers, and, um, they were kinda mean to each other, i thought!! So i came scurrying right back here! :clap

I really love the look of roses, but just havent had the time or space to delve into a whole new world of gardening yet. Someday. But i did visit the boise rose gardens a month or so ago, and saw many of the varieties you had pics of!! It was a great way to compare them, because they're all RIGHT THERE next to each other.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Heathers right, we need more pushy types...I mean, I don't want to be the only one! :p
You fit in just perfect Rugosa, and your roses are beautiful. I love the Daybreaker, is it fragrant too?

Rugosa1

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Helloooo TEG members! And thank you so much for your kind reception. I was astonished to see so many answers to my post, you are spoiling me!
To a frequent question about which Roses I like best and which ones are fragrant?
To the first question ;"it is very difficult to say which one I like the most" often I think like them all but it really was for a long time my Candelabra (I have so many different pics of that one ) but since I got the 3 new ones last fall I really love the Rock 'n' Roll a lot. I also like the supplier in Niagara Falls very much because their bare rooted Roses come with long roots and are very strong and healthy specimens.
Is the "Daybreaker" fragrant? No, sorry. The only one that is a little fragrant is "Sheilas Perfume", my picture does not give it justice, last years blossoms were nicer. Maybe in the second flash it will get better.

Back to the 'fragrant' topic for a moment, if anyone wants flowers for fragrance and I mean fragrance then the flowers to get are Hybrid Oriental Lilies. I got some and the one that is really filling our garden with perfume is the "Regal" a Trumpet Lily Tree that is 72 inches tall and is intoxicatingly fragrant. No Rose can ever do that. But also the Oriental "Casa Blanca" or the "Reeve" and the "lovely Girl" are very fragrant.
Just had a bid of trouble with the Red Lily Beetle for the first time this year, but we checked the flowers every day and collected the culprits.

As to the 'pushy' question, ha,,,, I guess what I really meant was I don't want to overwhelm you folks with all my pictures since I do not see anyone else send so many at once. In another forum that was the norm.
As for 'really nice people here' ? I agree, I got the feeling right away that the TEG people are a 'down to earth folks' and that is what I like. I really do not care for the "keeping up with the Jonses " approach. So, here I am I said my piece.

And I know exactly what you mean, Nw Mt Gardener, when you say you went to another forum and you didn't like what you saw. Welcome to the club. I had the same experience and will say something about that on another day down the road. In the meantime I am looking forward in enjoying all your company and talking about each others flowers. Looking also very much forward in seing your flowers from your lovely gardens. :)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, I agree totally about the lilies, I have Casablanca and it wafts into the house on warm afternoons, such a happy fragrance!
Hey we all love lots of pictures, at least I know I do, so post away!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is one other forum I am occasionally on, which shall remain unnamed, where I am half afraid to ask a question because there is ONE GUY on there who thinks he is the King of All Things Green and Growing and he will bite your head off and belittle you at the drop of a hat. So yeah...I gotta say the climate is pretty nice here on TEG. ;)

Have fun, Rugosa, and jump right in! :tools

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I agree. This forum is so easy to feel at home on. Everyone is sooo nice and helpful.

Rugosa, I don't think it's possible to post too many pictures on here. The more pictures, the better most of us like it!! I think it allows us to live vicariously through each others gardens. Welcome - hope you enjoy our company.

eta - I forgot to mention that your roses are gorgeous, Rugosa!

Latest posts