valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
the_winners.jpg

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
So somebody made the effort to frame through the ladder, take a picture then roof around the ladder and take another picture?
Weird....
Also note the rough, sure to leak seam at the corners. I do not know what kind of shingles those are -they look different. I do know you stagger the seams to makes it leak proof. Perhaps it is a material I have never seen. DIYers need to do the research, though I hope this is a joke.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Took me a moment to figure it our: Someone placed the ladder~ maybe a carpenter~ or plumber running a vent ~ then a framer put a rafter through between the rungs~ then the roofers tacked in the nailers for the~ looks like metal roofing~ and there it is ~ " She be right"

I've been on jobs where things went not far different than that```

Last edited:

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm no roofer, but how common is it to hang gutters before the roof is on?
It depends on the gutter attachent design and how it is attached to the roof sheething, facia board or rafter tails with screws, nails or clips.
Notice in this photo the gutter is attached via gutter clips over the facia boards which are installed before roof sheething and roof shingles.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
It depends on the gutter attachent design and how it is attached to the roof sheething, facia board or rafter tails with screws, nails or clips.

Notice in this photo the gutter is attached via gutter clips over the facia boards which are installed before roof sheething and roof shingles.
So? They did something right?
Hahahaha

Latest posts