Sad to say good-bye to Aretha

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
One of the best soul voices to ever grace this Earth...sad to see her gone. What song of hers was your favorite? I think I loved Natural Woman the best, though Respect always made me feel like dancing and belting out that song along with her.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
One of the best soul voices to ever grace this Earth...sad to see her gone. What song of hers was your favorite? I think I loved Natural Woman the best, though Respect always made me feel like dancing and belting out that song along with her.

"One of the best soul voices to ever grace this Earth" She was one of a kind, there will never be another one like her.
So many to choose from but I think my favorite is "Try a Little Tenderness", slow dancin' with your honey to this could make your toes curl :).

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I remember watching her sing on TV when I was a teen. Even when I was young I realized that she was incredibly talented.
One of my favorites of her is.... Think

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maybe,

I say a little prayer

She sure could reach us with her wonderful voice. Left us with that ...

@jackb made me think of Marty Robbins on his carnation thread. I checked. He has been gone for over 35 years. Was Jack reflecting on a blue moment in his life? Those moments, any moment, can be tied to a song.

:) Steve

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's hard to say which is a favorite. There are several really god ones to choose from. I think Steve is right, that's often tied to certain moments in your life.

Latest posts