Safe And Easy Trap For Mice

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sort of an Adirondack trap but with an interesting twist. They can really jump so you would not want that fill up with debris which it probably would where I'd use it. Still in the right place it's one I'll keep in mind.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i think mice are very cute, but the sight of them covered in oil made my skin crawl for some reason and i would never keep them as pets (unless i had a lot of snakes/owls/etc to feed)... as a kid i had hamsters and that was enough pet rodents for this life time.

i use snap traps with peanut butter and once in a while we've set up buckets with sunflower seeds on ramps and in the bucket floating on the water to catch chipmunks and there will sometimes be a few mice in there. i don't want them as pets i just want to keep them from getting into the walls of the house and garden shed.

a good use for used vegetable oil instead of throwing it away. except we don't really cook that ways now and barely.

i wonder if you could use about any oil at all and bait it just a little with sunflower seeds or just a few dabs of peanut butter around the inside of the bowl. the mice seem to really love those... i know they can smell even microscopic amounts of peanut butter because i can catch them in traps that have had all the peanut butter licked off them and for months afterwards.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
With all the dogfood at work I have a never ending battle with both mice and rats. Because of the dogs I can not use poison. I am always looking for a safe way to rid kennel of rodents.

Ann Rose

Sprout
Reaction score
Most of the methods explained are quite good. You can also try out this method.
This method is quite easy.

Latest posts