Santa Delivered

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
How about you for the 2017 Season?

__ Capture.PNG Click__

This is what I'm incorporating with my Indoor Mile walk this year! Not just "prancing .. ;).

Walking Workout

Fitness Magazine calls it "toning" but I'm also trying to speed up the heart on an otherwise, casual stroll. I won't need to do this outdoors, once again, I hasten to add! Outdoors, I can pick up a little more speed. But still ... these arm movements are good for those arthritic shoulders :D.

What are you doing to be ready for that springtime gardening?

;) Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
WOW Steve looks intense to me!
I hit a snag with weight loss. Called the HOLIDAYS. :( Sadly I put on 5 of the 73 I had off. STOP. So for 2016 I actually lost 68 pounds. I am not complaining. Time to put it in motion again and try to have another successful year. I CAN DO THIS, has become my Mantra!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm loving the kicksled as a way to get out and get the heart working without a lot of stress on joints. So far I've kept off the 23 pounds I've shed...but danger lurks in those muffins sitting here on the counter...

This is the day DH got his Christmas present, we went out for a quick kick down the road. His is a racier model, and a bit faster, (nah, couldn't be that he's just stronger and in better shape could it?) but I like mine. He says he does too; then when we want to take a picnic with us I have a place to set the cooler. :rolleyes:

DSCN4299.JPG

We did a few trails over in the state park yesterday. Super fun!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Should I go back and edit that post so everyone knows that I'm not taking up pitching the softball?

I'm pitching but it's the arm and walking exercises ;).

Steve
No need, the motion will limber you up! Good for you. Onward we go.. here's to a is a successful 2017

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
☆I am resolving to not continue eating as I have the last 6 weeks!☆

I've noticed that my appetite today may reflect this commitment. I hope it does not encourage me to nibble, nibble, nibble ...

I just checked on something: between the 2 states (ID & WA), obesity rate drops 3.8% and 6% after adults pass the age of 65. Changing demographics ...

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
“If you’re willing and able to push hard, you can get away with surprisingly little exercise'” the 1-minute workout

Nah, I'm not reading that. Push hard and end up like that woman in @baymule 's garden humor post.: Yesterday, 1:22pm

Me, I go for the easy stroll, while waving my arms so others will notice how easy I'm taking it ;): 7 surprising benefits of exercise Yeah, I'm neither a jock nor toting a Type A personality, Imma ❑.

Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I did not lose anything. I did lose 11 pounds in 2015 and kept it off for 2016. I keep saying I am going to start doing SOMETHING. It will be 1/3/17 in a few minutes and so far no exercise.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I began thinking about stair-climbing, with so many rambles up and down those basement stairs to replace the landing. I also thought about squat thrusts, as often as I had to set something on the basement floor, get down and fiddle with it, and staaanndd back up again! As you might imagine, I wasn't very good at this but had to do quite a few squats, anyway.

A step up stairs is supposed to be worth 4 steps on the level ground . . . . so! What would that mean as a cardio exercise?? S.L.O.W! Could I walk upstairs for 30 minutes?

Well, not from my basement to the floor of my one story house ;). But, wouldn't going up and down at about half my usual speed raise my heart rate to the required level? I bet it would do more than that! Especially on those stairs ...

I'd better not even try it. However! The squats - 3 Ways to Do a Squat Thrust, Healthline (click) I bet I could do ONE! Could doing 1 every other minute for 30 minutes be good exercise?

Simple. I don't know if I could do 15! Maybe 10 ... that is quite a break, standing around for a minute or 2 ... maybe I could do these with the stroll, instead or with the arm exercises. Whoa. I'd better wear that pulse monitor. I should have the arm strength to do the thrust part. I have several stools ... I think that a less-than-horizontal floor position would be more reasonable. Then, walk in place ... My word! Would I really have the leg strength? Would I gain leg strength?

Steve
broken link edited

Last edited:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Let us know how it goes. Yes, I think if you slowly add the step and squat you would gain leg strength.

Latest posts