Seasonal Food

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm not really sure how to use the information found on this site unless you are a careful planner of garden production or a consumer and farmers' market shopper. Probably the best audience would be the chefs who emphasize locally grown produce.

Back to being a careful gardener who realizes that production can be overwhelming at certain times of the growing season: if you enter your location, everything that you might think of growing (or, nearly so :)), will be categorized by month.

If you live in southern California and grow food or frequent a farmers' market or you are a consumer of produce that is shipped from that region to your local grocery store, you don't have to enter a location because that is the default setting. Example: garlic scapes. Check out your produce aisle this month for those to be brought in ;).

The foundation behind the website is dedicated to local food production and healthy diet. We All Should Be!

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm not really sure how to use the information found on this site unless you are a careful planner of garden production or a consumer and farmers' market shopper. Probably the best audience would be the chefs who emphasize locally grown produce.

Back to being a careful gardener who realizes that production can be overwhelming at certain times of the growing season: if you enter your location, everything that you might think of growing (or, nearly so :)), will be categorized by month.

If you live in southern California and grow food or frequent a farmers' market or you are a consumer of produce that is shipped from that region to your local grocery store, you don't have to enter a location because that is the default setting. Example: garlic scapes. Check out your produce aisle this month for those to be brought in ;).

The foundation behind the website is dedicated to local food production and healthy diet. We All Should Be!

Steve

i think some snow with molasses on it would be a seasonal food here since that is what those piles along the road look like. :)

i should make some beans today, a decent sized pot so that i can have some fresh and freeze several quarts for later burritos.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

Steve
Thanks, Steve! The information on the website is so nice, it even tells people how to reduce food waste! I just ordered another 10kg Fuji from southern Germany. Most of the peels and cores (without seeds) became chicken food. But I am interested in what the website mentioned; maybe I can dry some and use them to make tea with other herbs.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i think some snow with molasses on it would be a seasonal food here since that is what those piles along the road look like. :)
We have similar sweets in Summer as you said.:lol:
1648719883704.png

Latest posts