Seattle

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Going in May. What are “don’t miss” things?

The $99 9 day bus transportation with free admission to several places, really true? Seems to be a great deal.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's been so long since I lived in Seattle, it's a distant memory. Be sure to visit Pike Street Market. And the space needle, I suppose. Are you going by car, so you can explore the whole area? I think there are people on here who live nearby, who can tell you what to see now. I just realized, it has been 50 years since I lived there. Maybe the space needle has rusted in place. :ep

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
DD traveling nurse is there. While she is at work/sleep, thought I’d take bus visiting town. Understand traffic is a nightmare.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm in Tacoma! I go to Seattle sometimes.

It depends on what you like. There's pretty much everything in Seattle. The Seattle aquarium is really nice, and there's a day cruise that's really cheap that takes you around Puget Sound. Very close to that is the Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum. It's cool but kinda small. Pike's Place is definitely good.

The botanical gardens are there, and they have a traditional Japanese tea ceremony you can attend. Space Needle is a 50 foot view. It's expensive. They have a restaurant there and it's about $35 minimum a person.

My husband says the Experience Music Project museum is a must see. What are your interests?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Eating different types of food, Gardening, animals, eating local foods, antiques, did I mention, I like to eat? ;):frow

About anything agriculture.

CarolPNW

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The gym wall by Pikes Place I always take company

Or the Great Wheel

The Underground Tour is cool

Ride the Ducks is always fun (if they’re still Running)

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
DH + 2 stayed in Seattle to embark on our Alaska cruise in 2017. Eat at the Space Needle. It is $35.00 to take the elevator to the viewing level. For a semi-expensive meal, you get the full view of the city as the restaurant turns. Takes about an hour and you are out of the weather the whole time, plus no viewing fee. I think the two of us ate for a little over $100.00
Otherwise you can be treated to dirty streets, grounds with used hypodermic needles and expensive places to eat and stay. Glad I went. When they get their heads on straight again I will go back.

Last edited:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bought a city pass that allows me to visit, Space Needle, zoo, chicithy something, aquarium, plus about 4-5 other places for $99. Plus a pass to ride public transportation at $1/ride or $4 a day?

Latest posts