Security Certificate

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’m getting a security alert on TEG this morning every time I open the site. It says the name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site.

When I proceed I can work on one thread but it locks up when I try to close the site or move to another thread.

Windows did an upgrade this morning so I suspect it’s related to that. Is anyone else having issues like this?

I’m on Windows 8.1 and I use Explorer version 11.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
No, but TEG didn't open for me yesterday "signed in" as I usually have it. Lucky it remembered my password!

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I noticed that now it finally remembers me and I click log in and my name and password is there now. For months I have had to fill it in, but another website I go to where I had to do the same now has me logged in.

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Was it a specific thread? We don't have any security certs (https) pages on TEG, so it's possible someone copied an image from another site or similar that was https and that caused the problem?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nifty, it was all threads. I'd come to the site, get the warning, and select proceed. I could do what I wanted as long as I stayed with the thread I opened, but as soon as I tried to leave it would freeze. I could not leave that thread. If I hit the little red X at the top right nothing would happen for several minutes. Eventually it would close. I did not have anything else open, other than the stuff that's always running in the background.

I think it had something to do with that Windows update, which I assume was security related.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
my work this week was going to do the recent updates but found one of the patches is causing issues so they decided to not do it. i had an issue with the recent update ot 'flash' which i had removed but Windows still likes to update anyways. it gave me grief last night so i removed it to the last update & that got rid of my issue.

my issue was pages weren't loading or incomplete & coming up with a lot of junk text.