Seed catalogs

Rammy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What seed catalogs does anyone recommend? I usually get the Burgess catalog and one other I cant remember the name of. Just wondering what everyone else gets or likes?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
img_20181125_0738371_rewind_kindlephoto-315253020-jpg.29506

5E52641F-C40F-48E6-A79C-F3A33E3CFE3B.jpeg

:) Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jung Seed catalog arrived yesterday.

Osborne showed up before Christmas. It has an appropriate shipping scheme this year, IMO. If they can get it into an envelope, it's cheap. If you buy lots, it's cheap or free. In the middle packages might be kind of expensive.

Osborne doesn't have one thing for the veggie garden that is expensive to ship - seed potatoes. Some outfits that do sell them may kinda hide shipping costs in product price. I doubt if I'll ever buy spuds from Fedco altho I'm a regular seed customer. Too far away ...

Jung Seed used to be just about my #1 source. They own HPS, Totally Tomatoes and others. Harris is right up there the last several years and Johnny's has been a top choice for decades.

A catalog that will probably be the last to show up in the mailbox is Kitazawa. I like that company and have to keep it in mind while I'm making early plans.

I don't remember the last time I ordered through the mail, online is handy. Often, there is extra product information on the webpages but I just can't seem to wean myself off carrying around a paper catalog.

Steve

Rammy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Got more catalogs today. Got my Harris, Johnnies, and Gurneys today. Ordered from Bakers Creek but it got returned because the address was put on it wrong. They are reshipping. Got seeds from My Patriot Supply and got a few of those started already.
Started tomato and pepper plants today. Found a deal in a small greenhouse on CL last week. $50 for a 8 shelf walkin greenhouse. Got it set up today in the backyard. Cant wait to use it.
In the sixties here today. Nice change from the serious cold couple days ago.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seed Savers Exchange
Baker Creek
D.V. Burrell
Peace Seeds (or Peace Seedlings)
Kitazawa
Vermont Bean

Used to like Territorial, and still grow several varieties originally obtained from them... but their shipping is a bit high. Used to like Johnny's too, and still recommend them for some things (such as cover crops and row covers) but IMO, they are not the same since the founder sold the company.

A good direction for this thread might be to focus on some of the great regional seed companies.