Self Watering Seed Trays

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
That's about 4x more than the other mini greenhouses. It all depends...do you take good care of storing the other ones? ALL of that preparation and storage takes time. If you DO, then I say try them and get back to us. I bought a 72 cell mini greenhouse with a heat mat. Probably paid a little bit too much, but I will be transplanting tiny sprouts to it soon, and I only have one mini greenhouse left with a cover.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Inside the house the climate is like a desert. I keep a water jug upstairs to water the 4 pots I have in the windows bc they dry out really fast. How about you water your tender seedlings before coffee in the morning and your coffee will be your reward for remembering?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Customer Reviews
36 XL Cell Self Watering Greenhouse Kit is rated 3.2 out of 5 by 5.

Does that sound useful. I've never used these specifically, but I have used self-watering kits. Mine had a water reservoir with a self-wicking material between the seed tray and the water. It does work rather well except that the seed holder part is styrofoam and degrades after a few years in the sunlight. Mine uses potting soil in 12 or 24 divits were the seeds are placed instead of coir or fiber planting pieces, but that wouldn't make a difference in growing only in future-year costs.

Latest posts