Shasta Daisies.... anyone "local" care to share? :)

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hi Peeps!
Had to say farewell to my old girl, Daisy, yesterday... she was almost 15, and for a chocolate lab, that's pretty remarkable.

I'd like to put in a remembrance garden for her, and would like the centerpiece of the garden to be the 3' tall, white, Shasta daisies. I'm having trouble finding them locally yet, and got to thinking, if perhaps there is anyone "local" who has any they would be willing to divide and share with me? I know they can really take over a flowerbed, so dividing some out doesn't typically hurt. :)

I will also be starting some from seed, but those won't bloom this year, and I'd really like to have a blooming garden for her this year.

I'm in NE Wa, right on the Idaho border...

Smooches!
-Anna.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a clump of the tall ones to share Anna, and several clumps of the shorter "Beckys" if you are still looking.

Sorry you had to say goodbye to your Sweet Daisy.

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Saw your message Steve, and will reply... :)
Thistle, I would love that!! Having flowers in Daisy's garden from both you and Steve would be just wonderful! ♥♥♥

Last edited:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Anna
I am not local and seem to have managed to wipe out most of our daisies! ( Well I had some help.) :( What other flowers/plants are you thinking of? I might be able to supply something.
:hugsCAROL DEE :hugs

Last edited:

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Carol Dee, sweet friend! Other than the big daisies, I haven't given the plans too much structure or color thought. I'm going to focus on perennials tho for the most part, and only add in annuals here and there for fun. I have decided that I'm not going to limit the daisies I plant to just her memorial garden. I will be planting them here and there, as I see places I think they'll do well. I'd like a group of them down by the chicken house, too -- she always liked checking out the activity in the coop.

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
oh, i should also mention that i picked up some Forget-me-Not flowers, too... those will look nice w/ the daisies, I think!
:)

Latest posts