Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
I wasn't in favor of it but~if it was going to be done~I should
IMG_2580.JPG
do it~

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
A beautiful girl. I guess better than before you eat. Both of you are brave. When my daughter was little she talked me into getting pierced ears. I was not brave enough to do it so we went to a professional. As they did the first, she screamed and cried."I only want one." It was a long time before she got the 2nd one. Now she has 2 in each ear.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today many professionals do both ears at one time. That ends the "Don't do the other ear" issue.

I did my own 'cuz the friend who said she would pierce them kept putting it off. Tried the potato. Tossed that as too hard to hold. Did use the ice first, but finally just pushed a steralized sewing needle through with dental floss attached. The braided three-strand floss worked really well -- easy to clean and turn. I never have had trouble with them.

I did get another set of holes after Spouse passed.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
When we were teens my girlfriend and I decided to get our ears pierced. She went down to one of the local clinics and a nurse did hers, she actually froze her ears first, cost her 5 bucks. At the time I worked at our local hospital and a bunch of us were sitting in the coffee room I was telling them I finally had got up enough nerve to have mine done.
Dr. Brown who happened to be a neighbor of ours overheard me and said hey Annette I'll pierce yours for you come on down to the clinic after closing. I didn't have sleepers just Shepard hooks so he had to pierce from the back of the ear, the first ears he ever pierced I found out later but it didn't cost me anything ;).

When my daughter wanted hers done ( she had some skin allergies at the time) I took her down to our doctor's clinic and have one of the nurses do hers, done with a gun they used surgical stainless steel studs, not the prettiest but no chance of a reaction. Worked like a charm, a couple of weeks later she could wear any kind of earrings she liked.

Annette

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can still clearly remember being 16 drinking screw driver with my friend Denise in her kitchen. Out of no where she said let me pierce your ear I said no, had another screw driver, she again said let me pierce your ear I said ok. She ran and got a gold earring and sewing needle, may or may not have dipped needle in vodka no potato just pushed needle though, When my father saw it he went blastic demanded I remove it. I refused we fought over it for 2 days with him calling me faggot and queer repeatedly. Looking back I am very proud I stood up for myself and did not remove it. Sometime in my mid 20s I just stopped wearing one hole long ago closed up. Today guys get both ears done.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today many professionals do both ears at one time. That ends the "Don't do the other ear" issue.

I did my own 'cuz the friend who said she would pierce them kept putting it off. Tried the potato. Tossed that as too hard to hold. Did use the ice first, but finally just pushed a steralized sewing needle through with dental floss attached. The braided three-strand floss worked really well -- easy to clean and turn. I never have had trouble with them.

I did get another set of holes after Spouse passed.
As a matter of fact I now remember that is how the 2 got done. She had an infection and then wanted to get it redone when it healed. I forgot about that 2 at once trick.

Latest posts