She showed the horse she trained to cart ~ for ranchers sale ```

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Daughter trained this horse to cart ~ for ranch she worked for ~ the had people coming to see the horse and car ~ so ~ the asked her to demo ``` They bought two mares and cart ```
IMG_0803.JPG
IMG_0804.JPG
IMG_0805.JPG
IMG_0806.JPG

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
It takes a lot of patience to train a horse to pull a cart. She did a great job. I tried my hand at a horse and wagon once it was nearly a disaster, the horse saw or heard something that made it nervous and off to the races it went. I was able to get it under control before anything bad went down. I have not ridden a horse since high school, and don’t plan to.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
That is quite an accomplishment!!! Never trained any of my horses to drive. They have several disadvantages to being trained to saddle. The cart is always attached and you take an animal with eyes on the sides of the head and restrict peripheral vision and limit it only forward, plus the horse cannot see if someone is touching them. At least under saddle your horse can move sideways from scary things.
You have a great place to train, too and keep the horse moving forward whenever he spooks.
Tell her, good job from me!!!

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Ok ~ I'll tell her ~ the girls aren't aware exactly ~ I was out with a camera ~ at the round corral ~ they had a horse in for training ~ they were saying : " you can't do that ~ this isn't our horse " can't do what ~ me asked ~" Can't post a picture of someones horse ~ all over the internet" I don't post ~ All Over The Internet~ I say `` ` but didn't take any more pictures that day ```

This forum ~ Isn't all over the internet ```