Should I Call?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have had the same lawn guy for about 5 seasons. He does good job and gives me discount because I have grass cut 1x week. He knows it is weekend house so lawn always cut by sat. He does not send out bills, about every 4 to 6 cuts he calls me with number of cuts and amount. I always mail out his check with in a week. This weekend I was surprised how high the grass was, not sure last time it was cut. I keep a eye on weather in area, all week dry. Should I call him today and find out what happen or wait till he calls me a few weeks away?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Why would you call? To let him know he disappointed you or to check to see if he is OK. How much of a friendship relationship is it? How would he take the call? Personalities are involved.

I'd probably wait one more week to call since you go out there every weekend. Stuff happens. My mower belt came off yesterday evening so I need to put it back on and probably get a new one as it probably stretched. I've already used the adjustment to tighten it. Since it was pretty close to dark I just parked it and did something else.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would most definitely call. I call my parents when they are not here by 9am to find out what's going on. I worry when they don't show up at their regular time. There was a daycare where the child didn't show up and the provider never called. Child was found dead in a hot car where the dad forgot he had her. If only that provider had bothered to check up on her.....

Mary

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
IF it was dry, he probably didn't want to mow and damage the grass-if he cuts low.
I'd not have called unless I saw he billed me. But others make a good point.

Latest posts