Simple Joys

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
This evening, we went to pick up some pallets.

It was super fun, oddly enough, to pick through all the piles and get excited about finding some interesting shaped pallets and with good, fresh wood.

Who knew it'd be so fun?!

Haha.

Got several pallets, only a couple that I actually needed for the greenhouse floor....oops!

If the area had enough room, I'd hook up the stock trailer and jam pack it and the truck bed full to the brim!!! :D

Anyone else find odd things fun?

2016-02-26 19.22.19.jpg
2016-02-26 19.22.04.jpg
2016-02-26 19.21.53.jpg
2016-02-26 19.21.40.jpg
2016-02-26 19.21.29.jpg
2016-02-26 19.21.16.jpg

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep! All the time. And folks think I'm weird because those things excite me...but you know how I feel if you can get excited about picking up pallets. There's just a huge amount of joy associated with being content with the little things in life. So many folks aren't content no matter what they are doing or, if they find happiness about something, it's all too short lived.

I love finding free pallets too and I too try to find the most sturdy, the best wood or those with odd shapes and added color to them. Pallets are just such an essential to country life that I don't know what folks used to do without this free, but slightly used item on the homestead.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love going out on a clear, starry night and sitting with the dogs, watching the sky, talking to God and listening to the night sounds.

I LOVE the way my grandgirl smells...I could smell her hair all day long, she smells so good....like innocence, sunshine, spring and flowers all rolled into one.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It may just be a reflection of the season but I like heading off to do something purposeful. Even if that is something I do every year.

Agriculture is wonderful that way. Twelve months is a long time in a person's year ;). I may feel confident in knowing what I need to do but everything has changed from a few months prior.

Imagine turning up in your garden in January instead of next month, in March. Imagine being there in September ...

Steve

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
This year I'm planning for that...I'm going to have a four season harvest, if the Lord wills it and I get my act together. I'm fiddling in that garden all year long the way it is, so I might as well use it as a big crisper drawer all fall and winter, as well as spring and summer.

I love the simple pleasure of gathering eggs from a nest of sweet smelling hay, especially if the eggs are newly laid and warm to the hand.

I love it when the evening sun comes into my bedroom window in the winter months, warming my room and giving me a sunny place in which to read a good book. I can daydream of the coming spring there, making plans for new things to grow and build in the coming year. Or, I can just lay my head down and take a nap while the sunlight kisses my face.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Awww...you were just doing it with the wrong people! ;) A good, soft dog or two or someone who can talk about your goals and dreams with goes a long way towards good company when you watch the night sky. If you are patient you get to see all kinds of things moving around up there.

Unfortunately, the best star gazing is done in the winter months, so we used to take down comforters out to snuggle in while watching the meteor showers.

Latest posts