SNOW IN TEXAS!!!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Woke up this morning to snow! Actually looked out the window at 5AM and went back to bed. LOL Fixing to start the boiling water brigade. Took these from the front porch, one of Prince out the back door.

img_2321-jpg.42356

img_2322-jpg.42357

img_2323-jpg.42358

img_2326-jpg.42359

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
We only have a few inches more than you do. LOTS of blowing last night and today. We have about 4 inches of snow on the ground, but I had an 18 inch tall drift in front of and through the chain link door to the chicken's coop. Their heated dog water bowl was drifted over, still water in it. UNfortunately the local starling population has descended on my coop, the food bowl, and the water bowl and they foul it. I have to clean it out pretty much every bitter cold day, and I have to clean out the 5 nest boxes, too. I am SOOOO glad that I cut pieces of rugs for the next boxes bc they are pretty easy to clean and my hens kept digging out all of the bedding and they were laying on bare wood before the rugs.
My "fuzzy butt" hens backsides look like triple-ply feather dusters!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
We're getting quite a bit of snow today here. The weather has been so annoying lately. Days on end of single digit temps, then shooting up to 50's, then rain or snow. I really prefer the freeze over the mud though.

You have enough to go sledding! :celebrate Many happy kids in your part of TX today, I'm sure. :) Your horse looks to be pretty stoked about it too. :weee

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have no equipment for snow other than the trucks that spread sand on the bridges. We got a WHOPPING TWO INCHES OF SNOW!!! :th

Schools are closed all over east Texas, most will start two hours late tomorrow to give the ice a chance to melt.

Snow is great when it is gone in 2-3 days!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
LOL We got 2" of snow, it was 18 degrees. I suited up this morning to do the boiling water bucket thing. I put on flannel lined blue jeans, a thermal shirt, my sweat shirt my momma bought me in Scotland in 1980 that is so warm that I wear it maybe one day a year. Over that I put on Carhart overalls and my parka. I put a yellow smiley face knit hat on and pulled up the parka hood. I put on my blanket lined leather gloves. Then I lurched outside to meet the elements. :lol::lol:

image-jpeg.5782

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
You're funny!

That reminds me of when I was in 6th grade in San Diego. I got home from school and it started snowing. Woo hoo! So exciting! I ran in to get dressed for it, had a hard time finding my gloves, but finally raced outside... ..................................it had already stopped and I totally missed the lifting your face to catch snow on your tongue part.:(

Latest posts