So Long, Little Bird!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
My hummers are gone for the year, right on schedule. We had a lot of them this year; I kept 4 feeders on the back patio. There may be a straggler or two stopping by, so I'll leave a feeder up for a few weeks. I hope I don't have one hanging around till February, like I did a few years ago. That was stressful for us and him.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ours leave mid August. Always kind of a somber time, I miss them and wish them safe travels.

I felt bad one day, because I had left the feeders refreshed a few extra weeks even though I hadn't seen a visitor, then finally took them down.
A week later I was working in the front bed and a little female came zinging through hurriedly checking blooms, then zooming off. I filled a feeder and hung it, but never saw her or any other hummer again.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
A cabbage moth flitted by us in the garden, yesterday morning. Surprise!!!

I told DW again about the Monarch Butterfly that I saw a few years ago at this time of year.

The only reason it isn't freezing this morning is that rainstorm Thistle' reported. Not a drop of rain fell here if windshields are an indication. However, the unexpected overnight clouds held some heat down.

Sunny days, chickadees in the trees, a few wooly aphids flying around by afternoon. There is a Ladybug on the living room ceiling. Unless she has wool underwear also, she had better stay right in here with the heat and house plants.

Steve

Latest posts