So Lucky How Was Your Vacation ?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have not seen a thread on your trip, hopefully I did not miss one. How did your vacationa go ? Did you and hubby take car or motorcycle ? I believe you stopped to see Red

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey! How did you know I stopped to see Smart Red? Are there spies afoot? :hide
We did visit with her, but not for long, as it was kind of spur of the moment, and of course we took a wrong turn....
It was fun, and so great to meet a fellow TEGer. No pics, but I assure you, we are all as great looking as you have imagined.:D Especially Red.
Wisconsin is a beautiful state. I was impressed with the little town of Port Washington, in particular. And I know lots of people don't like the wind turbines, but I love the look of dozens of them in the landscape.
Let's see: Lake Michigan is beautiful, and the idea of having a summer home on the lake shore is pretty cool. Pictured Rocks was great, but in a kayak it would have been fantastic, except the idea of getting overturned by the wake of one of the tour boats is not appealing to me.
We took a shipwreck tour in a glass bottomed boat. That was a treat. Did some hiking. Saw Lake Superior, Michigan and Huron. I brought back rocks from each one. (Don't tell the authorities)
Did a tour of maybe a dozen covered bridges in Indiana. Some of those were very picturesque. Many still passable by car. We drove nearly 2000 miles. I was glad to get home!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
One other thing I thought was memorable was watching thousands of sand hill cranes in fields in Michigan. Those birds are huge! We don't see them around here.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Love those sandhill cranes. Guess you missed the National Crane Institute up near Barraboo, Wis? Then there are the fields of white egrets that are truly amazing to see in northern Wisconsin.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Love those sandhill cranes. Guess you missed the National Crane Institute up near Barraboo, Wis? Then there are the fields of white egrets that are truly amazing to see in northern Wisconsin.
That place is really cool! Hope to visit there again sometime.