6364_hpim2016jpgcucumber.jpg

peppers
6364_hpim2019jpgpepper.jpg

green beans
6364_hpim2024.jpg

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You let your cukes run to the ground? You should trellis them you'll get better cukes that way. They won't come nice and long and straight if their growing on the ground.
Nice pics. though ;)

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Everything looks so good and healthy, 4grandbabies. :thumbsup

Cats crack me up, how much they love getting their picture taken. :bun

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now I see them!! Those cukes are way greener than mine! Very nice looking! I love the pattern on your kitty! Mine are always in the garden with me, too! I am just getting blossoms on my peppers- you are way ahead! Enjoy all your garden bounty!

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Southern Gardener said:
Very nice pics. Next year I'm going to trellis my cukes. What kind of kitty are you growing? :lol:
Thanks for the compliments, I have seen far better on here!! As far as the kitty.....once upon a time, my grandaughter had a boy kitty that was playing outside, and a bad old fox came along... kitty was so injured that even with many$ spent and lots of vet care, kitty died. Grandaughter grieved until she was almost sick, so they finally got another kitty for her-a girl- from the pound, well this one did not get spayed fast enough, so she had 4 and in the process of getting them spayed (takes a lot of $$$$) along came 7 more, of which 5 of them got new homes...(very begrudgingly -grandaughter wanted them all)so now we are down to seven kitties, 3 with spaying appointments.. as far as what kind.. they are a mix of a pound momma and a neighbor tom. one thing, we are getting less and less moles ,voles, small snakes and even (sob) a few bunnies ..now if they just tackle the ground hogs before they get too big to handle, our garden will be safe. (oh, and I know the math dont add up, 2 kitties passed away. The keepes are all healthy, and are getting shots...we are TRYing to be responsible, but it sure is costly, even for 2 households joined.
I know-too much information

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Greenthumb18 said:
You let your cukes run to the ground? You should trellis them you'll get better cukes that way. They won't come nice and long and straight if their growing on the ground.
Nice pics. though ;)
I know, I have allowed a few lambs quarter to grow in the patch in the past, and those cucs liked the shade, grew straight, etc, however my hubby is of the old school, and for reasons I dont understand, prefers them to run on the ground with straw under them to prevent rot. Gotta keep the peace, I get my way a lot. :love

Latest posts