Some of my Daylilies 2011

Rugosa1

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hello, I am new here and am trying to get to know the TEG forums. I like what I see and read and thought I give this gardening web site a try. I grow many flowers but the majorty are Daylilies, Roses and Hostas.
Thought I show you a few of my Daylilies that I have growing in my garden for a good number of years now:These pictures were taken on July 07-2011

Daylily El Desperado

DSC_0043-1.jpg

Jolene Nicole

DSC_0044.jpg

Olive Bailey Langdon

DSC_0026.jpg

Joline Nicole

DSC_0024.jpg

Dominic

DSC_0042.jpg

Margaret Seawright

DSC_0011.jpg

Mauna Loa

DSC_0023-1.jpg

Pink Daylilie - Name?

DSC_0028.jpg

Bull Durham

DSC_0013.jpg

Most of them are done now but some still hang in there.

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Beautiful!!!! I love daylillies. There are just so many color combinations, heights, stem thicknesses, petal design. Wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Sunsaver

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Nice looking flowers. Did you know that they are edible? Also the white core at the base of the plant is good in stir-fry. :welcome

Rugosa1

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thank you everyone:

Sunsaver: Yes I know you can eat the Daylilies and of course some selected other flowers as well but I rather just like to admire them for their beauty. :)

Nyboy:
The blue flower in my first picture is a Balloon Flower, or "Platycodon" in botanical terms. It grows easy from seed and is not invasive. Pops up every summer without fail and is a welcome addition to my garden. If anyone is interested in seed in the fall let me know.

Stubbornhill:
Yes it is truely amazing how many different types of Daylilies there are, they are a very pleasing flower. Easy to take care of and always there for you every summer.I got mine from a Dayliie Nursery in Quebec: they used to have a catalogue online www.vivacesnordiques.com if you care to click on that some time. To view those blossoms is a delicious experience.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Beautiful daylilies Rugosa! ;)
So many different colors, I could imagine how nice they must look in the garden. I really like the reblooming daylilies the most and I have found some kinds of daylilies that are even fragrant!

Latest posts