Some pictures of my July picket garden...

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
...where I love to sit in the morning with a hot beverage. Ignore those weeds. I made the bed wider this spring and moved some stuff around and added a few more perennials, so it's not quite established yet.

7504_picket_garden_july_2013_012.jpg

7504_picket_garden_july_2013_018.jpg

7504_picket_garden_july_2013_017.jpg

7504_picket_garden_july_2013_019.jpg

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can so see someone sitting there in AM sipping on AM beverage, listening to birds wake up, enjoying God's world. Beautiful as well as peaceful looking.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The lilies are beginning to bloom!

And, with everything, very pretty (Douglas Fir, Lodgepole and Ponderosa Pine in the background). . . .

Let's see, those are the lilies that are so fragrant you can't bring them into the house, right? Asiatic and Oriental . . . why did they make the names so similar? I can never keep them separate! They could have just called them "fragrant and not-so fragrant" or "early and late." Or, "star gazer and others."

Steve
with lilies too!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Love it all! Very beautiful! Are you using a cage around the bee balm? That is a good idea- mine is laying all over the place, and looks like a mess... Must remember that for next year. Enjoy your little piece of heaven!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey, thanks you guys :) . The colors are rather riotous and sometimes I try to explain to company that, well...it wasn't actually a planned garden :p . More of whatever catches my fancy when I'm at the nursery. Which is how the beebalm sort of clashes with the mauvey red clematis....and so on. But it's a lot of my favorites and I just jumble them together and enjoy them.

Steve, I also have to stop and think about which lily is fragrant. I just went out and took a sniff test and those pink ones are NOT, therefore they must be the asiatic. I do have a Casa Blanca lily right behind my chair, and that one is wonderful. You can even smell it in the house. So it must be on oriental. But it's not blooming yet.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just stunning. I also garden haphazardly :lol: buy something I like, find an empty spot and tuck it in. It works for you. :)

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So pretty!!! My gazebo looks awesome again this year. I need to get it cleaned off and take some pictures of everything. I also love sitting on the gazebo in the mornings enjoying the quiet. I watch the humming birds, chickens ext. Nothing better than that.

Latest posts