spinach and fontina risotto

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
watched them make this recipe a couple week ago and finally got around to making it..ok the dw made it
remember that spinach picked last friday it's in there also tweaked with adding some shrimp.
a meal all by itself...

DSC_0008.JPG

heres the link to the recipe if anybodys keyboard has not shorted out from drooling...:drool
http://centralnc.twcnews.com/conten...01826/let-s-cook--spinach-and-fontina-risotto

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
OH. heavy cream. my favorite ingredient. But surely it needs more than a quarter cup....

That looks divine Major!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That looks like it is coming from right up my alley, Major'!

I mean, you've got the risotto starch, stock, those veggies, shallots(!), cheese and cream!!!

No, that's just excellent!

I finally got into using a few more shallots last night. Yeah, the sweet onions were commanding quite a bit of attention so that none would spoil. The onions in the basket look nice and sound right now so I went out to the garage for some shallots.

Sauteed, the shallots went in with some leftover Tilapia (almost mentioned this on the "feeding the family from the garden" thread last night). Potatoes, milk - fish chowder. Yeah, we have Tilapia quite often and having some left from a dinner is about the best reason because there's chowder the next day or 2.

Steve

Latest posts