Sprig - Winter 2019 -> 2020

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Every winter I grow peppers and tomatoes. Some winters I've been dumb enough to think I can bring stuff in from outside and skip around seed starting for INDOOR ONLY and every one of those times it ends in ruin. This year it's going good as I did not bring anything in, save the bananas that sat in a separate room for a good 2 months. I have a variety of tomatoes, peppers, basil and some lettuce. Should be a good winter of produce. My only regret is not getting this going earlier to get ahead of the cold weather, but with all the tree farm stuff I was so busy that I forgive myself

5x5 Gorilla tent w/ a flood table that drains to a bucket.
PC270021.JPG

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Every winter I grow peppers and tomatoes. Some winters I've been dumb enough to think I can bring stuff in from outside and skip around seed starting for INDOOR ONLY and every one of those times it ends in ruin. This year it's going good as I did not bring anything in, save the bananas that sat in a separate room for a good 2 months. I have a variety of tomatoes, peppers, basil and some lettuce. Should be a good winter of produce. My only regret is not getting this going earlier to get ahead of the cold weather, but with all the tree farm stuff I was so busy that I forgive myself

5x5 Gorilla tent w/ a flood table that drains to a bucket.
View attachment 33974

was it the problem that you brought bugs/diseases in or just that they didn't grow much more at all?

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
was it the problem that you brought bugs/diseases in or just that they didn't grow much more at all?
Aphids. They exploded in there since there's no natural predators. Squished what I could but once you see them they've already spread to everything else. Those years I've ended up having to restart my whole crop in Dec, which obviously won't provide fruit at that point until late Feb or early March :(

Latest posts