Spring A Day Photo Journal

HomesteaderWife

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So I got an idea in my head awhile back, loving to take pictures all the time and preserve the beauty of things, to take photos every single day of Spring in order to capture the happenings in our life. Flowers, trees, buds, gardens, crafts, animals, and such. I have neglected to post it until now, but I have been taking my daily photos! I'll include thumbnails on here as I update for each day, or links to the posts so I can save room. This is sort of a way to keep up with what I've been taking, while also saving them to print one day!

March 20th - It was a big craft day! I painted this squirrel onto a piece of scrap, live edge wood from the sawmill.
IMG_8284.JPG

March 21st - The tulips are coming up!
IMG_8292 (1).JPG

March 22nd - A little wildflower in the woods, nestled into its surroundings perfectly. Blink and you'll miss the beauty!
IMG_8350.JPG

March 23rd - We work on swimming pools in the Spring and Summer months, as you can see in the background. These folks had flowers galore! What a nice sight.
IMG_8371.JPG

March 24th - Yet another beautiful wildflower growing, this time it was in the flower bed at my mother-in-laws!
IMG_8464.JPG

March 25th - The Azalea bush is blooming, with pollen accompanying its leaves.
IMG_8481.JPG

March 26th - The trees are flowering too!
IMG_8596.JPG

March 27th - I love seeing the Clover come out. It means we will soon be seeing honeybees buzzing around them! Not sure if it's a wild swarm or from some distant farm, as we haven't seen anyone with bee hives for about 15 miles.
IMG_8605.JPG

MARCH 28TH THRU APRIL 1ST - https://www.theeasygarden.com/threads/spring-a-day-photo-journal.21708/page-2#post-319351

Last edited:

HomesteaderWife

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Updated with two photos from yesterday and today. It'll start adding them to seperate posts so it doesn't get cluttered.

HomesteaderWife

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@valley ranch - Well sure! We have a Norwood LM 29 bandsaw mill. Used to have a chainsaw mill but the chains got to be so expensive and wore out easily. Norwood has had great customer service for us, and they have a referral program where if an individual comes and gets to watch it run, you'll get a bit of cash (we are too rural and folks have been referred but have yet to come). If they go on to actually purchase a mill, you earn more. They also have a yearly photo/video contest where you can win store credit, which helps pay for new blades! It was one of the least expensive ones we saw, and we added a track extension to it. Been very pleased with it, and it paid for itself in the first two years I would say. Not only can you cut lumber, but alot of people love "live edge" slabs for crafting (the pieces that still have the outer bark's shape on either side, but are flat top and bottom). We also have sold scrap pieces (flat on one side, round on the other) for $2 a piece to clean up the area for people that want cabin-style siding, or build animal pens with it. My recommendations are to have more than one person running it (for safety and ease) and to make sure they are put on a level surface, if you don't have one that is portable with wheels (that was extra money for that upgrade). Shipping was costly, and we opted for one to assemble ourselves as it was much cheaper than pre-assembled. It took awhile to put together, but it was good to know each part for repair sake if need ever be.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Thanks ~ I think ~ it may have Been Norwood ~ that I purchased a Centrifugal Clutch ~ I built a mill a while back ~ I posted pictures as I was working on it ``` Glad to hear ~ you'v used yours and done well with it . If you have time ~ you might post pictures ~ that would be ~ kinda neat ```

Thanks

Latest posts