Sprinkler Donuts

Sprinkler Buddy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Outside of those that have been to Florida or live in FL, have you heard of the term sprinkler donuts/guards? Have you found any similar products in your local hardware stores? Are they different than the donuts I have demonstrated in the video below? If so, please share them with us.

Sprinkler Donuts Video: http://youtu.be/hyTUzgnAmSk

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't have an irrigated yard, so never really paid attention. But you can sure betcha' boots I will pay $$ attention now! I'll check around here and take a look for ya'.

Sprinkler Buddy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I don't have an irrigated yard, so never really paid attention. But you can sure betcha' boots I will pay $$ attention now! I'll check around here and take a look for ya'.
Thanks! Texas is one of the top states I ship to. It'll be interesting to see if you find anything locally.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
This fall I had a plumper at my house for my hot water heater. I asked him about putting in a underground sprinkler. He told me he wouldn"t do it because the landscapers always run over and break the heads. I have had landscapers mow down trees so believed him.

Sprinkler Buddy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This fall I had a plumper at my house for my hot water heater. I asked him about putting in a underground sprinkler. He told me he wouldn"t do it because the landscapers always run over and break the heads. I have had landscapers mow down trees so believed him.
Sounds like you need to find a new landscaper if they are mowing down trees. I mow grass for a living, I have broken more than my share of sprinkler heads over the years. The reason for that is because I couldn't see them. Its not actually mowing over them that causes the damage usually. It's the weight of the mowers many of us use today. The mower tires running them over is what's usually causing the damage. Now that I know where they are, I seldom even need to make adjustments to them much less repair them anymore. Now that I see and know where the sprinklers are, I either straddle them with my mower tires or veer around them.
The thing I like most about the Sprinkler Buddy is it doesn't require much maintenance once installed. It stays where I installed it. I'm not only saying this because it's my invention. I have tried the other products over the years. I encourage folks to do the same, then they'll know first hand how much better the Sprinkler Buddy actually works when they try it.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had to go to Lowes awhile ago, and there was nothing pertaining to a lawn sprinkler system. But I live in a po-dunk backwater town. :gig

Sprinkler Buddy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I had to go to Lowes awhile ago, and there was nothing pertaining to a lawn sprinkler system. But I live in a po-dunk backwater town. :gig
Thanks for checking! How many red lights you have in your nearest town, we have one here in my little town. lol Fixing to take the family out to the big town, 45 min. drive. Texas Road House of all places. lol I hope it isn't a long wait tonight.

Latest posts