Sprinkler moose

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I already posted her on the "interesting creatures...." thread, but thought she needed one all her own. This is our sprinkler moose. She spent a day at our spa relaxing and refreshing herself. I thought I'd share her with you all.

Getting ready to leave for work this morning I saw her on the lawn, standing in the sprinkler.
sprinkler moose july 2014 005.JPG

So I stayed a bit to enjoy watching her.

sprinkler moose july 2014 023.JPG

I finally turned the water off so I could leave. This ticked her off...

sprinkler moose july 2014 031.JPG

She took it out on my little vine maple, jerking huge mouthfuls of leaves off...
sprinkler moose july 2014 032.JPG

...and eating every bloom and bud off my daylilies. (don't worry Cat, yours are planted in a different bed!)

sprinkler moose july 2014 035.JPG

I got home this evening, and there she was, waiting for us to snap to it and get her bath ready.
sprinkler moose july 2014 047.JPG

When she needs a drink she helps herself by putting the entire rainbird head in her mouth. Sort of a moose Water-Pik.
sprinkler moose july 2014 051.JPG

After standing over the sprinkler for an hour she took a break and lay down next to it for another hour. Big moose yawn! Now she's relaxed!
sprinkler moose july 2014 067.JPG

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom, your moose pictures are amazing! Obviously your moose is not camera shy and enjoys the better things in life. Beautiful photos, every one, but that first shows such a serene and attractive, picture book view into a special world. Wish I could enjoy it with you.

Hal

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm rather jealous and yet at the same time glad I don't have that monster eating my garden :)

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Utterly amazing!!! Agreed- the view from those Adirondack chairs looks like a fairy tale. What a beautiful piece of paradise you have made for yourselves! Some of us have to be content with bird watching- you get to "moose watch"!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
If it was an every day occurrence it would be maddening, but it happens just often enough that we enjoy being "special" hosts and getting to see them up close. I confess when she went after my vine maple and daylilies I threw big rocks in the trees behind her trying to spook her out, but she only flicked an ear back at the sound. A barking dog will make them mad enough to go after it.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is one smart moose. She has found the best cooling spot and now is waiting for you. But I don't think she was very nice eating your plants like that. I didn't realize how much she looks like a horse.

Mary

Latest posts