Stinking, lazy cats!!!!!!!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
After moving to country, we got cats-35 years ago. Several times, we were almost out of the cat business-a good thing (cheaper to bait mice than all the costs of cats). But someone always drops a female cat off who then deposited kittens. With kids, no hope so neuter cats waiting for them to die. Why the rant?

They let mice get into house with this break of weather. Fed them, and of course they died in the heat pipes. Man do they stink!!!!! Feel like shooting some cats.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:hugs I feel your pain… It's incredible how much stink such a tiny little thing can produce :sick

A neighbour at our farm back in S.A. told me once that he doesn't feel his cats at all. If they want to eat, they need to find mice. They ate well.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We can't have cats. Dogs eat them and son-in-law is allergic to them, would rather have him than cats. Mice were running rampant in our house despite poison and traps. We paid Terminex to crawl under the house and seal up all openings--no more mice. As we build our feed and tack room in the barn, it will be sealed and mouse/rat proofed so the little nasties can't get in there. I do miss having a cat....

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
get a terrier dog. they are known rat/rodent hunters & killers. even my cogri had shown he is willing to hunt for mice outside. he's also killed a squirrel that got in the house last year.

my dh keeps saying he wants to put poison in certain areas to keep the squirrels & mice out but i keep telling him he wouldn't like the smell if they died in the house. :sick i tell him i don't want the stuff around because of the cats (proven mice/mole killers), and the dog could get sick if they got a rodent that is dying/dead from the stuff.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
We once had a mouse die of natural causes? It died in out master BR closet. It took forever to locate. When we did we had to throw out the pair of cowboy boots it had chosen to die in! DH never lived it down. How bad where those boots that they killed a mouse! :sick

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hope you get a warm spell so you can open the windows Seed. :sick

I'm getting cats this spring. Both of our cats disappeared last spring (?)
and there has been a monumental increase in gophers around the house.
I've enjoyed the flower beds being cat free though.

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have no hope to receive help of my cat. He catches mice. But somewhere far away, then to bring close to the house and let go. Good tool - special glue for mice. It is necessary to smear a small board or plywood on the perimeter. In the middle we have to put the bait. Mice are glued securely. They do not run away to die in the basement.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Larisa , that made me laugh, your cat bringing distant mice to your house. Haha!
When DH and I were much younger we had a big male cat, Max, that was such a character, entertaining us with his antics, he was also a great mouser.
One day he brought his catch into the house and let it go. We were leaping around excitedly trying to keep it from escaping. Dh finally clobbered it with the broom.
I'm sure Max was entertained watching our antics, he was wearing that smug little smile cats get.

Last edited:

Latest posts