Stoneygarden - produce auction

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey Stoney (and any other VA, NC gardeners)
I just heard about this - maybe something worth checking out. Wanna join me for a field trip? My friend got 50lbs of zucchini for $22

copied from a post on BYC:
There's a produce auction in Courtland every Thursday, the bidding starts at 6:30 sharp but if you get there earlier you can take a look at everything. You can set up as a bidder and use the same number every week. No charge. You just pay for what you buy, cash/check. It's off 58 past the Food Lion between Courtland and Franklin, you take the right just past Food Lion and drive down a bit and it's on the right. (she got) 50 lbs white zucchini for $22, 9 lbs of eggplant for $9, tomatoes were going around $25 for a 25 lb box, green beans $20 for a 25 lb box and most squash was about $15 for a 25 lb box. Watermelons at $4. Cantaloupe anywhere from $2 to $4 depending on the type. Peaches were averaging $30 a basket.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol - I asked her if you HAD to buy a whole box or could you get just a little bit. What I was thinking is that if several folks all went together, each one could take what they wanted out of the boxes and no one would have to deal with too much.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I could use 50lbs of zucchini ;)

Bread, relish, and grilled are just 3 ways we use it. We eat quite a bit of it here

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol Dee said:
Uh ... what do you do with 50 # of Zucchini ?
Therefore if thine enemy hunger, FEED HIM; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Romans 12:20

:lol: :gig :lol: :gig :lol: :gig :lol:

It seems that even in Bible times, there was an over abundance of zucchini......... :lol:

Latest posts