Storing Gas

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
50 gallons is a lot of gas to store.

With stabil or some of those other products you might get the gas to stay good through one winter. It's the cold that does it in.

Your best bet the way you have it set up is to cycle through that 50 gallons and use it up in some way.

=====

I would have suggested a much smaller gas conserving 2,000 watt generator for most small businesses that might get 3 days power off, and then have a way to be open but using minimum power with cfl and or led lighting, and make sure most items add up to less than 2,000 watts. Then, if some moments are needed for a big tool, fire up the big generator for that tool only.

I live off grid as you probably know. Those big 5,000 watt generators are noisy gas guzzlers. When my small 6 year old generator kicked the bucket, there for a couple months I had to use the big one. 'bout blew my eardrums outa my ears. Guzzled a lot of gas too. Finally got a new yamaha 2,000 watt. The 500 watt one I wanted was not available... Us off gridders learn to SIP electricity pretty good.

Amazingly, generators are unusually priced compared to other things...

a 2,000 watt generator costs 4 times as much as a 5,000 watt generator. Go figure. And, a 500 watt generator costs about half as much as a 2,000 watt generator. That made me scratch some holes in my head wondering why.

Latest posts