Stove Working

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanksgiving dinner set the kitchen on fire. Months later Electrician fixed both outlet and stove yesterday. Have company coming for weekend, not sure if we will dine in or out. How long can you go without a stove ?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our stove seems to run almost continuously during daytime and when we are home.

I know it's not completely true but there is almost always something heating, hot or cooling on that cooktop - even if it is just a kettle of water. DW likes to cook. In the last couple of years, I have noticed how difficult it is for both of us to use the kitchen at the same time. It is a fairly spacious kitchen, too!

Some of this has to do with ambulatory issues but, mostly, I blame DW's enthusiasm and focus on food. Honestly, it limits my cooking participation! Maybe we need two kitchens -- two stoves.

digitS'
who would probably be 100# overweight if he lived on already-prepared food

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
a former boss used to have double ovens. but she used to do catering as a side business. she made my wedding cakes over 10 years ago. delish! :)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I cannot imagine no stove. Although before I got my gas stove whenever there was a power failure I couldn't cook anything. I still can't cook anything but at least I have the tools. :p That was a joke Seed.

You don't realize how much you like something until it's gone.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
My DW has this intense need to clean up WHILE I'm trying to fix something. Drives me nuts.....

@thistlebloom Yes, got the humor. Leave jokes to us professionals...:p

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
My DW has this intense need to clean up WHILE I'm trying to fix something. Drives me nuts.....

@thistlebloom Yes, got the humor. Leave jokes to us professionals...:p

My renter does the SAME thing! Let me get elbow deep in making salsa or butchering chickens and here she comes and NEEDS to get to the sink for some little splash of water or can't possibly make a sandwich on some OTHER spot of counter....or something.... :mad:

Latest posts