Stuffed pablano peppers

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Love them at local Mexican places but lot of bother to make. Plus I have to cut down on fried food. Found an easy recipe, not fried, and good. Finding pablano peppers are really good in place of green peppers (little heat but not hot) as well as replacing jalapeo peppers (see green peppers).

So now to find an easy recipe for eggplant dips. Did find an easy recipe for chicken eggplant rolls.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
baymule said:
Seedcorn! So where is this easy recipe you found????
Google. Stuffed pablano peppers - a couple cooks

I modify it by starting with dried black beans (cooked them myself) and using more of them than rice. I mixed the cooked beans, rice with fresh tomatoes, corn-just cut from cob, did not cook, garlic, onion-didn't use green, cilantro, seasonings and cheese. After spooning mix on pepper halves, topped with cheese. Then placed in baking dish, covered with foil, baked for 15 minutes at 350, turned off oven, let sit in there for 15 minutes to cool down.

I did not pre-cook the peppers but did use olive oil to coat outside of peppers and bottom of dish. Depending on heat you like on how well you seed the peppers-I left out the cayenne. Why take out hot seeds to add heat? I used some older cheeses we had left over-most were Colby types. A Mexican cheese would have been good, maybe better? Next time, would use more tomatoes.

I did enough to fill my baking dish.

Dried black beans-let sit over night in water, drained, covered with water, simmered for 20 minutes covered, turned off, went to church, came back, done. Rice, nuked it. I'm all about easy, fast...... :)