Such a frustrating day!

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I wanted to get the tons of pine straw and leaves up to shred to use as mulch later and my push mower AND the lawn tractor wouldn't start!! I love gardening, but I hate having a yard. :(

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Joan, I remember you saying things like this before. Wasn't there a young guy doing this work for you at one time?

It must be that you have too much lawn and not enuf garden. . .

Don't you think ;)?

Steve

edited to say: Just realized that it is a weekend and you were probably counting on this day to get something done before the workweek started again. I'm sorry.

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You're right Steve. I have four days off and was really wanting to get some things done before going back to work.

I do have a young man that does the lawn, but I use him during the hot summer so I won't have to do it. I don't like to spend that money if I can do it myself when it's cool.

I do have more lawn than garden - I'm working on plans for more herb and veggie gardens.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yup, I think it is in your best interest to get rid of that lawn... just think of the possibilities! Sorry your plans didn't work out, though.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Aaarrgh! I know that feeling when the blasted machinery gets sulky. It's female sensitive, and I can practically pull my shoulder out of the socket trying to get it going, but my husband does a little fiddling and with one easy pull it's running.
I believe it's a conspiracy :rolleyes: .

Maybe you can sneak up on them tomorrow and surprise them in to starting.

Oh, and here's one I love, when my husband or son comes to rescue me and they say "Sure it's got gas?" Well duh. :smack

I hope you have a successful day tomorrow Joan!

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
yeah! How do they do that, Thistle? My dad will fiddle with the stupid thing and have it started in a flash while I'm reduced to an angry, crying, crazy person!

Oh well, my holiday has ended - I'm off to work this morning for a few hours. :(

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
My husband starts with an air filter, a gas filter, and a gas additive if the lawn tractor won't start. A fairly easy and cheap way to start it before needing a professional.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I so know that feeling! Our mower died last summer and we're trying to fix one our neighbor gave us. Part after part and it still doesn't run. I haven't been able to get all those leaves over to the compost yet, mainly because the leaf blower doesn't work right now either. UGH! The thought of raking them all is killing me. ((((hugs))))

You'll get it, I'm sure. I bet its something simple. :)

Latest posts